DAPi Scholarship for Fall 2023
Delta Alpha Pi International Honor Society is pleased to announce the DAPi scholarship of $2000 for the fall of 2023.
- Applicant must be an undergraduate who is matriculated in a program that offers an associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree or certification that could lead to a degree.
- Applicant should be considered full-time. However, if the individual has an exception to the full-time requirement as an accommodation in order to access services and/or maintain eligibility for insurance, that student would be eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Applicant must be an active member of the DAPi chapter at the institution she/he is attending. Active membership is defined as someone who has attended at least 80% of the chapter meetings (either in person or virtually, where applicable) during the 2022-2023 academic year; held office in the organization; and/or organized or assisted with at least one event sponsored by the chapter; and/or served as a mentor for another student with a disability.
- Applicant must have earned a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.33 on a scale of 4.00 at the time of submitting the application (i.e., a B+ average).
- Applicant must be attending a college/university at the time the scholarship is awarded. The award recipient will be required to provide official proof of registration for the fall 2023 semester from the Records Office or letter from the Registrar. A student who has been active in a chapter of DAPi at a community college and is transferring to an institution that does not have a DAPi chapter is eligible based on participation in the community college chapter.
Eligible applicants must submit the following:
- Completed application.
- Signed letter of recommendation from DAPi chapter advisor who verifies student’s active participation and provides a list of activities/offices held, etc. to support the applicant’s information.
- Signed letter of recommendation from a faculty member who knows the student from class or as a faculty advisor.
- An official transcript that verifies a cumulative GPA of 3.33 as of the end of the fall 2022 semester.
- Please respond to the two questions listed below. Your response may be written (e.g., essay/poem), visual (e.g., painting/collage), or performance-based (e.g., musical composition). Respond separately to each question.
- How has participation in Delta Alpha Pi International Honor Society helped you develop advocacy and leadership skills?
- How will you use your education to advance the rights of individuals with disabilities?
- When submitting the required information, keep in mind that the material must be shared with committee members for review. Please keep submissions to letter-size (e.g., no large posters or paintings). Please type whenever possible; handwritten information must be clearly legible in original form and when copied.
- All materials should be placed together in one envelop. Please do not staple pages, and do submit copies on one side only. Only complete applications will be considered. Please send complete packet by Friday, April 21, 2023 to:
Dr. Edith F. Miller, Scholarship Chair
Delta Alpha Pi International Honor Society
5540 Montauk Lane
Bethlehem, PA 18017-8909
Applications are available from DAPi chapter advisors.
Please address any questions to Dr. Miller at email@example.com